Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Soft Bodies - O Hot Dogs


Month 13
Visual Effects 1

Our final project was to demonstrate a soft body effect. I went with a simple theme for this one. I didn't want to show jello-s dropping from the sky like most people, so instead I went with hot dogs.

All I did was create a lattice for each hot dog and set those lattices as soft bodies. I applied gravity fields for each one as well as created springs. I wanted to set the conserve to .98 to make the hot dogs drop a bit more realistically but doing so caused the hot dogs to explode upon landing, so I had to bring the conserve down to .9 despite upping the stiffness of the springs to 50 or so.

In class today, however, I learned that I could have changed the weight as well as the damping to alleviate any issues I had, but in the end my project still turned out well and I'm happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment